What is a Thigh Lift?
Thigh lift surgery has become a popular choice for those looking to reshape and tone their upper thighs. Excess skin and fat are removed to give the legs a more youthful, contoured look.
For those who have experienced weight loss or the effects of aging on their legs, this procedure can be a game-changer and can help restore confidence and make them feel more comfortable.
Thigh lift surgery, also known as Thighplasty, is a cosmetic surgical procedure that aims to improve the appearance of the thighs by removing excess skin and fat and tightening the remaining skin.
This procedure can help individuals who are unhappy with the appearance of their thighs due to aging, weight loss, or genetics.
Reasons for Choosing Thigh Lift Surgery
There are several reasons why individuals may choose to have a thigh lift. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Improve the appearance of the thighs
- Reduce sagging skin
- Reduce cellulite
- Improve self-confidence
- Reduce pain and discomfort caused by excess skin
- Improve the fit of clothing
- Improve the overall body silhouette
- Improve physical activity levels
- Reduce the risk of skin infection or irritation
- Provide a more permanent solution to a weight loss issue
Remove excess loose skin and fat on your upper legs for a smooth more contoured look.
Benefits of Thigh Lift Surgery
The benefits of thigh lift surgery can be both physical and emotional. The physical benefits of the procedure include:
- Improved muscle tone
- Smoother skin
- Improved Skin Laxity
- More contoured appearance of the thighs
The procedure can also help to reduce chafing and discomfort caused by excess skin and fat. Emotionally, thigh lift surgery can improve self-confidence and body image, leading to a more positive outlook on life.
The Thigh Lift Procedure
A thigh lift procedure typically involves the following steps:
- Anaesthesia: The surgeon will administer either general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation to ensure that the patient is comfortable throughout the procedure.
- Incision: The surgeon will make incisions in the groin area, along the inner thigh, or on the outer thigh, depending on the patient’s needs. The length and location of the incisions will vary depending on the amount of excess skin and fat that needs to be removed.
- Removal of Excess Tissue: The surgeon will remove excess skin and fat from the thighs using surgical techniques such as liposuction and excision. Liposuction involves using a cannula (a small tube) to suction out fat, while excision involves cutting away excess skin and tissue.
- Closure: The surgeon will close the incisions with sutures that are usually dissolvable.
- Compression Garments: After the procedure, the patient may be required to wear compression garments to reduce swelling and promote healing.
The exact details of the thigh lift procedure will vary depending on the patient’s individual needs and the surgeon’s techniques.
At HR Plastic Surgery, Mr Hyder Ridha will discuss the details of the procedure with you during your initial consultation to ensure that you fully understand the process and have realistic expectations for the results.
Recovery and Aftercare
After the surgery, patients will need to rest for a few days and avoid strenuous activities for six weeks. The surgeon may also recommend wearing compression garments to reduce swelling and assist with achieving the desired contour.
Most patients can return to work within seven to ten days, but it may take up to six months for the full results of the surgery to become visible.
During the recovery process, it is important to follow the surgeon’s instructions carefully to minimize the risk of complications and ensure optimal results. This will include stopping smoking, taking medication as prescribed, and attending follow-up appointments with the surgeon.
Thigh Lifts are effective body contouring procedures for your thighs allowing for the removal of excess fat deposits
Risks and Complications
Like any surgical procedure, thigh lift surgery comes with risks. Some of the potential risks include:
- Abnormal healing and/or stretched scars
There is also a risk of nerve damage, which can cause numbness in the thighs. Additionally, there is a risk of asymmetry, in the contour, or the scars are uneven.
Thigh Lift Cost in London and Hertfordshire
The cost of thigh lift surgery can vary depending on factors such as the surgeon’s experience, the specific technique used, and the complexity of the procedure.
At HR Plastic Surgery, we believe in providing transparent pricing and flexible payment plans to help make thigh lift surgery more accessible and affordable for our patients.
During your initial consultation, our team will discuss the cost of the procedure and the available financing options. You can find more information on our pricing and payment plans page.
Choose Us For Your Thigh Lift
HR Plastic Surgery is an excellent choice for individuals seeking a thigh lift procedure. Our team is dedicated to providing personalised care and achieving exceptional results for each patient.
We use the latest techniques and technology to ensure the safest and most effective procedures possible. Patients can expect to receive comprehensive pre-and post-operative care to ensure a successful recovery and optimal results.
Additionally, HR Plastic Surgery offers a comfortable and welcoming environment, where patients can feel at ease and confident throughout their treatment journey. With our commitment to excellence and patient satisfaction, choosing HR Plastic Surgery, for a thigh lift procedure is a smart choice for anyone looking to improve the appearance of their thighs.
Meet Mr Ridha
Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon
Mr. Hyder Ridha is a consultant plastic, reconstructive, and aesthetic surgeon who studied medicine at the prestigious Royal Free and University College London Medical Schools and graduated with distinction (MB BS) in 2003. He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Anatomy and Developmental Biology (First Class Honours).
Schedule a Consultation for Thighplasty, London and Hertfordshire
If you are considering thigh lift surgery, the first step is to schedule a consultation with a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon.
At HR Plastic Surgery, we pride ourselves on our compassionate and patient-centred approach to care.
During your consultation, our surgeon will discuss your goals and concerns, assess your suitability for thigh lift surgery, and recommend the most appropriate surgical technique to achieve your desired outcome.
What to Expect During Your Consultation
During your consultation for thigh lift surgery in London and Hertfordshire, you can expect the following:
- Personalised Assessment: Mr Hyder Ridha will take the time to understand your unique needs, concerns, and aesthetic goals. He will conduct a physical examination to evaluate the condition of your upper thighs.
- Informed Decision-Making: He will provide detailed information about the thigh lift procedure, its benefits, and potential risks. This information will help you make an informed decision about whether thigh lift surgery is the right option for you.
- Customised Treatment Plan: Based on your goals, concerns, and physical examination, Mr Ridha will develop a customised treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. This plan will include the recommended surgical technique, as well as any additional procedures that may be necessary to achieve your desired outcome.
We are conveniently located in four hospitals throughout London. Find us here:
Hatfield AL10 9UA
One Medical House, Boundary
Way, Hemel Hempstead,
Hertfordshire HP2 7YU
Hitchin SG4 9QZ
Harpenden AL5 4BP
If you still have some questions, below you can find our most frequently asked questions regarding our thigh lift surgery:
The best procedure to reduce the size of thighs and remove excess skin is a thigh lift. This procedure involves surgically removing excess skin, and fat from the inner and/or outer thighs in order to create a smoother, more contoured shape.
This can be combined with liposuction to further reduce fat and create a more sculpted look.
An outer thigh lift and an inner thigh lift are two different surgical procedures that are designed to improve the appearance of the thighs.
An outer thigh lift, also known as a lateral thigh lift, targets the outer thigh area, which is the area of the thigh that runs from the hip to the knee along the outer side of the leg.
During this procedure, excess skin and fat are removed from the outer thigh area to create a more toned and contoured appearance.
An inner thigh lift, on the other hand, targets the inner thigh area, which is the area of the thigh that runs from the groin to the knee along the inner side of the leg.
During this procedure, excess skin and fat are removed from the inner thigh area to create a smoother and more toned appearance. It is possible to have a thigh lift for the entire thigh.
Yes, a thigh lift surgery is the same as a Thighplasty. They both refer to the same surgical procedure.
The results of a Thighplasty vary from person to person ranging from five to ten years. Several factors affect the longevity of the results, such as further weight changes and smoking, as well as factors such as genetics and the natural ageing process.
Thighplasty can be associated with discomfort and pain, particularly during the first few days after surgery, but this can be managed with medication and proper post-operative care.
This article is not intended to be used for diagnosis or treatment. It is aimed at presenting a perspective only and is not a substitute for a clinical assessment. Anyone experiencing a medical condition should consult their doctor.